It’s one of the most closely guarded culinary secrets in the Dublin seaside village of Rush.
A curious combination of cupcake and a cookie, the classic whoopie pie is made of two pieces of chocolate cake cemented together with a layer of luscious filling.
At Skinny Batch however, they’ve taken things one step further, serving up the Peanut Butter Whoopie Pie to celebrate #dessertFSTVL 2018.
The quirky bakery and deli revealed how they make their famous pies on Ireland AM earlier this week and now they’ve handed over the recipe so FSTVLR fans everywhere can take a delicious bite out of their star dessert.
Clear the kitchen; it’s time to make some serious Whoopie.
180g Plain Flour
3/4 tsp Bread Soda
Pinch of Salt
200g Light Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg plus1 Large Egg Yolk
200g Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg. Line 2 trays with baking paper. In a bowl, sift together dry ingredients and set aside
- Using a hand mixer or freestanding mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and extra egg yoke.
- Add Peanut Butter and Vanilla to mixture and mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredients until completely mixed in.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Drop small scoops of batter, 5cm apart, onto the prepared trays.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until set and slightly golden. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Marshmallow Fluff Filling
3 egg whites
150g Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Weigh all ingredients into a heat-proof bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Whisk continuously by hand until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and whip the mixture on high speed until it is white, thick and holds it’s shape.
- Use straight away!